Right now, the homepage of the site consists of navigation links. This was a good starting point, but introducing a homepage with featured content that changes regularly has a number of benefits.
A Dynamic Homepage Can …
- Include current month's promotion
- Include testimonials from recent client surveys
- Promote individual stylists
- Improve rankings in Google by making room for more headers & keywords
- Implement interactive before/after sliders to meet demand for examples of stylists' work (as seen in usability tests)
- Boost confidence among prospective clients by incorporating quotes from clients. (Google also identifies testimonials as quality content, thereby improving rankings.)
The new monthly promotions are a great idea, but it would be better to integrate them with the website, rather than show them as a pop-up because:
- Promotions are full of rich keyword content that signals to Google that this is an active salon website; Promotions that are part of a blog/homepage will help build domain authority and help search rankings more than if they're in a pop-up
- Some people will have pop-up blockers — they'll never see the promotions
- Some people will automatically close the pop-up without looking at it because they've come to associate them with newsletter/survey offers
The website's visibility in search results is improving
In comparison to OPC's local competitors
But we can improve the website's domain authority
A dynamic homepage with more content — like testimonials, promotions, and featured stylists — will increase the salon's authority, which improves search result rankings.
I can make an alternative homepage for you all to preview using the upcoming October promotion content and a photo of the new assistant. Please pass along the info — Thanks!